(I’m about to lose my shit here, youtube’s giving me so much problems with uploading, set an ugly thumbnail to my video, after many times of resetting but youtube just doesn’t respond to the button “saved”. I was also writing the comparison review and after some bad mistakes of wrong clicks, my post wasn’t even saved as draft. It’s almost 5am and I got a teleconference at 10am. My level of murderous tendency, go figure.)
So I’mma make it ninja-quick.
I had been wanting a liquid foundation for a long time as I found my shades have changed compared to last year. I had a few brands in mind to try out, and even after I’ve decided on Shiseido, I still went on to different Shiseido counters to just make absolute sure I had the right shade. (Bad experience with Lancome, another story another time.) And one of the huge factor that pushed me to Shiseido was because I had first bought Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush. Amazing, amazing brush. It’s like you’ve bought a house and moved into the house, you won’t think of staying in another house, at least for a commoner.
But back to the reviews :
Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation
- Medium coverage to the dot. Nothing more, Nothing less. Natural, light, yet covers all your flaws. Redness is well covered, pores are concealed but in a natural way, not in a filler way.
- After 5 hours it still did not feel heavy, or oily. Which is amazing, most liquid foundations after 2 hours of oxidization, makes you wanna go home and scrub your face and apologize to your skin.
- It has SPF 15.
- Comes in 3 tones, Neutral, Ochre and Beige, so be careful with your pick, since the differences are so subtle.
ZA True White Plus Liquid Foundation
- Coverage is definitely sheer-light. Coverage is also beautiful. And definitely lighter than Shiseido, ever so lightly. Redness/pimples are covered but can be seen through.
- Long lasting, what surprises me is the feeling of oxidized foundation only occurred after 6hrs or so into wearing it. But the sensation was light, didn’t bother me any bit.
- Bout 5-6hrs into wearing it, the coverage got less. Pores were less concealed and the foundation followed its dents.
- SPF 25, was it?
- Vitamin C & E! Woot! What a tall order.
I like both. Both are worth the money. They are both my happy purchase. I’ll probably wear Shiseido if I know my work day is gonna be under the sun a lot (you must have a real Sunscreen and not rely on the SPF on cosmetics) cause it’ll last a wee bit longer without irritation. ZA liquid foundation, maybe when I know I’ll be in the office doing much more of paperwork. So I just sit my bum down and let all the Vitamin C & E it claims to beautify my face while I shred papers and write emails.
Good night guys, I really need to flipping sleep.