I have been gone for too long. This lil shit the painful reminder how far away from home i am. >.< Pic : when i was reading my papers he time n time again just sat on my papers occupying the space n my attention.
When I started this blog, I have promised that this will completely not contain anything personal. Other than the purpose, this blog was a mean of escape from the burgeoning confines of internal process. That is always the journey of a writer, from the first burst of joy in expressing soulful internalization but eventually swollen by endless thought process that feeds the mechanism of political poetry, not much of any meaningful help in real life.
Nonetheless, I’m not writing about products today. Today’s post will be less oriented, lets breathe a little life into this blog.
The past three weeks have been nothing short of eventful. I have resigned from a job of past 3++ years from a Mega MNC, something that I have gained so much familiarity. I took up the challenge of an Area Sales Manager with a new startup SME. It all happened so quickly. I interviewed, verbally agreed, waited for the offer letter so anxiously and evoked so much speculations and uncertainty, accepted the offer, resigned from my post, had some very heart-warmingly heart breaking moments with my former colleagues, and along with truly upsetting heart breaking moments with my former boss . When I accepted the job offer, I decided to bury the hatchet and be peace with whatever happened with my previous work, but soon that vanquished. The only closure was such. A rude awakening, I do not smack myself for being a fool, placing my trust in the most undesirable type of garbage, neither do I blame the garbage. Acceptance is the only coming of time.
The whole new environment and culture is a frightening and an exciting one. Not that my current employers have fangs and speak in tongue but I walked out of a truly loving environment with my ex-colleagues. Now that I am on my own, the only tactic is to remain calm and be objective minded about things. No good or bad event is personal. All in a day’s work.
The whole sense of ownership changed dramatically. Hope this is not just the initial honeymoon phase of “I wanna be the best that I can be”. But enough said, we will look back 3 months in, 6 months in, 1 year in, 3 years in.
14th of the month and I am already 5k in deficit, and this is not the end of it. Financial difficulties are always so depressing but I digress.
Digressing, that’s the key to life, just like breathing. Not an exaggerated matter or state, nor a method of life, but simply, breathe.
Also not sitting on thoughts for too long. Long showers are nice but also burdening. Plus I am abusing the facilities in Starbucks. See you at the next post, mean time, power to you.
Oh also! I was in Sephora for more than half an hour and first time ever I didn’t get anything! That is crazy amazing. Does the pope go to church or what? Apparently not this time!
What I Did (in sequence) :
1) Lunasol Water Makeup Base – a spreadable light beige base which you need only a little. this one lightens up your skintone. Its light, spreadable and waterbase so its suitable for oily skin too. But its not my go-to base. I always prefer a clear silicone primer e.g Givenchy, Lancome primers.
2) Lunasol Water Gel Foundation in 002 – I cant help myself so very impressed by the foundation. It is nothing I have tried before. I am starting to see how this is gaining prominence popularity amongst makeup artists. As this is a water gel formula, its meant for combi/oily skin. The end result is a beautiful translucent, dewy finish and no kidding, you are capable of the Lunasol model looks with these products. I have had so many foundations but this really rules over others because theres not a slight hint of color paste! No matter how sheer other foundations go, they make your skin alright, this beautifies your skin. Your whole makeup just gets so gorgeous. I’m no scientist in foundation formula, but the tone is nicely yellow and pink at the same time, which brightens up the undertone yet looking natural. To a big extent, I am very ready to ditch Bobbi Brown (being such a Bobbi nerd) and go for this one.
3) Lunasol Coloring Cheeks Light Coral 02 – Pigments r strong so be careful. Load up the products nicely but also dust off generously, take off first staining of pigment on the back of your hand. Then pat on your cheeks. Smile and find the apple of the cheeks, and apply on the TOP of the apple of the cheeks. That way you bring up the cheek bones and when you are smiling, people notice the bum of your cheeks rather than judging how oddly shaped your face is.
4) Lunasol Full Glamour Lips in Beige Pink 16 – Very neutral beige. If you have lip gloss, adding a dash of it will be very nice. This lip color is best used as a base to bring out a more vibrant lip color for a POP effect. Thanks s is my first neutral lips but so far this goes well with my coral cheek color. May not be suitable for everyone cause it may come out pale and lifeless if wrong.
5) Empro Triangular Brow Pencil – check out my previous post on this.
6) Bodyshop Shimmer Waves in Bronze – Scupltes my cheeks from hairline to centre of cheeks. As you have a POP cheek color on top of your cheeks, now you can use the bronzer and carefully craft a line on the bottom of cheeks to the hairline. Then blend the mushroom out of it so its seamless to your previous blush colour. Read more bout the exact techniques in my previous post.
Am on my phone now will put the links in later. Btw, i am heaviky feeling like flesh off a walker, skin has been so so dry like I’ve been emitted in radiation. Almost officially I am no longer a combi/oily skin.