Behold! This is by far the most expensive mask I’ve bought, and it takes its winner spot for one of the most worthwhile purchase uncontested. For this I would categorize in a different shelf from the common sheet masks that I review about. For one, it is priced at RM110 @ 4pcs! I got it on sales at Sasa for RM88++. Secondly, I would view this as an actual treatment mask that does calm the skin and provides lasting effects that goes beyond “your skin looks bright right after”. Those common sheet masks eg. My Scheming Beauty Masks, they do provide all the brightening effects and hydration. But this mask is different, here I will elaborate and tell you why.
Before I delve into how this mask is such a big deal, let me just list out it’s claims as on the box.
- Specially formulated for sensitive skin, powerfully soothes and moisturizes dry and sensitive skin, repairs weaken skin condition and upraises skin defense mechanism.
- Fights against wrinkles and tightens skin while gently pampering the most sensitive skin
- Improves skin elasticity by stimulating of collagen & elastin
- Nanao structure of true skin-like bio-cellulose mask comfortably fits the skin and ensure deep penetration of the effective ingredients into dermal layer to deliver immediate effect.
That’s not all, the box label also nicely summarizes its Features and Benefits:
- Reduces redness, inflammation and allergic reaction
- Protects skin from damaging free radicals
- Upraises skin’s own defense mechanism thus reducing sensitivity
- Instantly nourishes, soothes and repairs sensitive and dry skin and stop irritation
- Accelerates growth of collagen and elastin
- Smoothes wrinkles and fine lines
Impressed yet? Lets move on to the compositions.
I remember when I was looking through the ingredients of this mask I yelped out “AH! COPPER PEPTIDE!” That’s right, Copper baby! Copper is a powerful mineral helps to repairs your skin cells, and I guess that’s how they target their audience to those with sensitive skin. That aside, when you read through the label, it has Aqua as its 1st ingredient and sodium hyaluronate as 2nd, Aloe Leaf Juice Extract as 3rd. That fundamentals alone are enough for me. Further down the list you get a handful of plant extracts, peptides, you get caffeine and you get zinc, and even urea! With only 1 form of paraben which is methylparaben.
On the box, these are the functions of the key ingredients as listed on the box :
- Bis (Tripeptide-1) Copper Acetate – A key factor for stimulating growth of collagen and elastin, accelerating epidermis cell production and reparing skin barrier protection. Promotes skin elasticity and prevent aging.
- Beta-Glucan – Strong soothing power that helps to soothe sensitive skin and improve weaken condition. Effectively boosts skin’s own defense mechanism to lower irritation.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate – Restrains the production of Tyrosinase for cell renewal, brightening effect and prevent allergy and inflammation
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Extract) – Ideal for soothing and recovering from signs of stress and damages by its healing power.
And the list goes on…
First off, the word Bio-Cellulose in the label probably indicates that this mask is not of a sheet mask, it is more like a gel mask but MUCH thicker than a crystal mask, it actually has weight. It has 2 layers of peels as you would with a typical gel mask, and it thins out as it dries on your face. So in that aspect you can expect the nutritions to sip into your skin over time, so you know damn well, your skin is, recharged. Again, for something so nutritious, I leave it on for more 1 hour 15 minutes.
Second, I couldn’t pass on the ingredients. They are just too good, and… clean. There was nothing unnecessary packed in it. It has Copper, a genuine active ingredient that does repair your skin barrier. It is no doubt expensive but once I tried it I did not regret. In fact, I am quite determined to incorporate it into my life long regime *ahem*… if i don’t get distracted that is. I am so convinced by it’s efficacy that, I don’t just use the mask as and when I feel like, I actually have been using it EVERY MONDAY. Since the box comes in 4 pieces and it is actually a treatment mask, not a self-pampering mask, I made it a point to use it every Monday so there’s consistency in the regime, ‘cept for the week I had my facial.
When you remove the mask, your face feels neither wet or damp, it is all absorbed. The redness are reduced by a notch (I get red bumps that are neither pimples or blemishes due to weird sensitivities which I’ve yet to identify). And this effect does carry on, skin is noticeably less irritated by all kinds of crap samples I tried.
And the lifting effect? Yes. I just saw myself in the mirror. I usually sport a scrawny face but boy do I compulsively binge eat and CNY hasn’t been kind to me. The pressure to finish mum’s food and the sweet treats, with God’s might I may tear down the toughest walls but I can’t resist ’em sweet munchies! So there it goes, my face goes angular-round overnight. But as I removed the mask just now, my face goes slim again, which was, amazing! Because I wouldn’t have noticed it and seen the claim, normally.
Definitely will buy it again, if I still can find it. I didn’t see it at the Sasa store I went to just now. Also, of course as stated, if you have sensitive skin, this is definitely the right one for you. And if you want a mask that goes beyond temporary skin brightening and hydration, this would be the mask to go. I would also advice that you use it regularly on a once a week basis, not as and when you feel like. Only thing to pay is, literally, the price.