Curiousity oh curiousity, why do you burn me with desires?
Ever since the birth of Ponds And Leaves, I’ve been told bout the convenience and all the wonderful usefulness of BB Creams. At the peak of the whole hype few years ago, I did try once but it was just … really bad. It costed over RM100, bad oil-control, colours didn’t look right, etc. I never looked back since. But curiousity got the better of me, more over this month, is a sinful, enticing month, everywhere I go it says Sales! all over.
So whilst away in another city alone, I walked around the little town with a hunger to kill, and wandered into Guardian store (Where’s the flipping connection here??!”)
From an initial intention to just BUY WHAT’S NEEDED, grabbing the Q-Tips, cotton pads and all, I got the BB Cream – Bio-essence Multi Effect BB Cream. It just happened. I just grabbed it, and bought it. My guess is it’s been parading itself along with the sisters (the other BB creams) everytime I step into one of these drugstores.
(Sorry, I forgot to snap a pic of my own)
It was actually a wonderful opportunity to test the product out, as when I’m away in other towns I work by foot, walking from 1 retail to another in the hottest sun, by the traffic, the fumes, the humidity… PERFECT condition to test a product out.
Alas, without much luck, I don’t like the product at all. The product comes out to be the colour of ash beige, if there’s ever such a colour.
Though the colour is darker than my real skin tone but it’s easily blendable. But once blended, I realized how much work was needed! Because the colour turns out to be so flat, and downright ASHY. I never felt I needed blush more. It was just really flat, takes away the natural glow on the face. The whole face is just a flat ash beige.
The light does not reflect off where it should be, losing my skin’s natural glow. You know how you get that natural glow when your face is all cleansed and prepped? Yeah, it’s gone. Neither does this BB cream even out the dark circles.
And… this is the WORST part, it brings out the bumpiness of my skin texture. Yes, my flaws are there, that is why I buy products to conceal/even out the imperfections. Whilst my pores are noticeable naturally, with the BB cream applied, it makes the whole face BUMPY. I hope this picture shows the 2-dimensional of flat-ash I was talking about.
Whilst the naked skin has its flaws, but they exist in a natural state without calling for attention. Also you can see the lights bounce off the skin on the naked skin. It just has more life to it, you know?
1) Does it give luminous glow? no. The walkers from The Walking Dead have better skintone than this. I never felt blush as a “strong need” until I applied this.
2) Does it even out the skin tone? no. It shouldn’t be done this way. I still needed to conceal eye bags with a corrector.
3) Does it cover up the imperfections and give you flawless skin? HELL NO, SO MUCH THE OPPOSITE, REALLY.
4) Does it give a matte finish? I’m asking myself silly questions. no no no no no, you don’t ash someone in the face and call it matte.
5) Does it last? Okay given the credit it did last after all the sun, the sweat, the traffic and the humidity. But once back in the hotel, all I wanted to do was to get rid of the makeup and let my skin breathe.
6) Ratings? 1/5. 0.5 for benefit of the doubt, 0.5 for not melting away.
But this is my sole experience alone, if you had great results with this, or you think BB cream is still worth a battle to fight, Do share!