I have been gone for too long. This lil shit the painful reminder how far away from home i am. >.< Pic : when i was reading my papers he time n time again just sat on my papers occupying the space n my attention.
When I started this blog, I have promised that this will completely not contain anything personal. Other than the purpose, this blog was a mean of escape from the burgeoning confines of internal process. That is always the journey of a writer, from the first burst of joy in expressing soulful internalization but eventually swollen by endless thought process that feeds the mechanism of political poetry, not much of any meaningful help in real life.
Nonetheless, I’m not writing about products today. Today’s post will be less oriented, lets breathe a little life into this blog.
The past three weeks have been nothing short of eventful. I have resigned from a job of past 3++ years from a Mega MNC, something that I have gained so much familiarity. I took up the challenge of an Area Sales Manager with a new startup SME. It all happened so quickly. I interviewed, verbally agreed, waited for the offer letter so anxiously and evoked so much speculations and uncertainty, accepted the offer, resigned from my post, had some very heart-warmingly heart breaking moments with my former colleagues, and along with truly upsetting heart breaking moments with my former boss . When I accepted the job offer, I decided to bury the hatchet and be peace with whatever happened with my previous work, but soon that vanquished. The only closure was such. A rude awakening, I do not smack myself for being a fool, placing my trust in the most undesirable type of garbage, neither do I blame the garbage. Acceptance is the only coming of time.
The whole new environment and culture is a frightening and an exciting one. Not that my current employers have fangs and speak in tongue but I walked out of a truly loving environment with my ex-colleagues. Now that I am on my own, the only tactic is to remain calm and be objective minded about things. No good or bad event is personal. All in a day’s work.
The whole sense of ownership changed dramatically. Hope this is not just the initial honeymoon phase of “I wanna be the best that I can be”. But enough said, we will look back 3 months in, 6 months in, 1 year in, 3 years in.
14th of the month and I am already 5k in deficit, and this is not the end of it. Financial difficulties are always so depressing but I digress.
Digressing, that’s the key to life, just like breathing. Not an exaggerated matter or state, nor a method of life, but simply, breathe.
Also not sitting on thoughts for too long. Long showers are nice but also burdening. Plus I am abusing the facilities in Starbucks. See you at the next post, mean time, power to you.
Oh also! I was in Sephora for more than half an hour and first time ever I didn’t get anything! That is crazy amazing. Does the pope go to church or what? Apparently not this time!
What I Did (in sequence) :
1) Lunasol Water Makeup Base – a spreadable light beige base which you need only a little. this one lightens up your skintone. Its light, spreadable and waterbase so its suitable for oily skin too. But its not my go-to base. I always prefer a clear silicone primer e.g Givenchy, Lancome primers.
2) Lunasol Water Gel Foundation in 002 – I cant help myself so very impressed by the foundation. It is nothing I have tried before. I am starting to see how this is gaining prominence popularity amongst makeup artists. As this is a water gel formula, its meant for combi/oily skin. The end result is a beautiful translucent, dewy finish and no kidding, you are capable of the Lunasol model looks with these products. I have had so many foundations but this really rules over others because theres not a slight hint of color paste! No matter how sheer other foundations go, they make your skin alright, this beautifies your skin. Your whole makeup just gets so gorgeous. I’m no scientist in foundation formula, but the tone is nicely yellow and pink at the same time, which brightens up the undertone yet looking natural. To a big extent, I am very ready to ditch Bobbi Brown (being such a Bobbi nerd) and go for this one.
3) Lunasol Coloring Cheeks Light Coral 02 – Pigments r strong so be careful. Load up the products nicely but also dust off generously, take off first staining of pigment on the back of your hand. Then pat on your cheeks. Smile and find the apple of the cheeks, and apply on the TOP of the apple of the cheeks. That way you bring up the cheek bones and when you are smiling, people notice the bum of your cheeks rather than judging how oddly shaped your face is.
4) Lunasol Full Glamour Lips in Beige Pink 16 – Very neutral beige. If you have lip gloss, adding a dash of it will be very nice. This lip color is best used as a base to bring out a more vibrant lip color for a POP effect. Thanks s is my first neutral lips but so far this goes well with my coral cheek color. May not be suitable for everyone cause it may come out pale and lifeless if wrong.
5) Empro Triangular Brow Pencil – check out my previous post on this.
6) Bodyshop Shimmer Waves in Bronze – Scupltes my cheeks from hairline to centre of cheeks. As you have a POP cheek color on top of your cheeks, now you can use the bronzer and carefully craft a line on the bottom of cheeks to the hairline. Then blend the mushroom out of it so its seamless to your previous blush colour. Read more bout the exact techniques in my previous post.
Am on my phone now will put the links in later. Btw, i am heaviky feeling like flesh off a walker, skin has been so so dry like I’ve been emitted in radiation. Almost officially I am no longer a combi/oily skin.
Heyo! While I’m on a holy war of late against products that are deceptive, or unnecessary, it is also my solemn duty and awesome joy to introduce products that are quite underrated, do not oversell, they totally deserve the mentions!
Today we have a product which can be used as a face/body cream and yes! It is MooGoo Full Cream from Australia. Here is a brand that is honest with its audience and sincere in its delivery.
*Do you see the dent on my right eyebrow?!
MooGoo Back Story
Well, it’s a funny story! It originated as an udder cream! That is, farmers used this cream on the udders of the cows to keep it conditioned and to produce healthy milk! Now, I can’t think of the derma attributes of cows’ udders… gives me the shudders! >.<
So the story goes, farmers used on cows, and tried on family members, and the rest is history.
What’s special is, their claims and their strong philosophy on having no fillers in their products. All ingredients are genuine, their places justified and serve their functions to protect and nurture your skin. Listed are :
Water (Purified), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Squalene (Olive), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Hydrolized Milk Protein, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Allantoin (Comfrey Extract), Piroctone Olamine, Polysorbate 60 (Food Grade Emulsifier), Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract.
I admit to not knowing what they all are as I typed them out, but they are starting to sound yummy! To know more about the ingredients, the very educational website has dutifully explained the functions of most ingredients, not just the key ingredients. Suddenly the picture just becomes so clear and you would suddenly understand so well about the product you purchase and you are applying on your body.
As you can probably hear the excitement from the post how I totally dig this product. Maybe I just have a
boner sweet spot for products without fillers. You can’t even find a single strand of butylene glycol in there. What’s unique about this brand is, much like the Paula’s Choice products I own, the website lists the total ingredients. Not only so, the brand continues to educate consumers on what ingredients do, what are their roles in skincare, they are also honest with their emulsifiers if contain any. Most products in the world only market the key ingredients, like Piterra from SKII, but what else?
Well, but here’s the deal, despite this product being a “full” cream, it is still pretty light in texture for a body cream. Across the internet there has been good results as a face cream for dry skin folks, but golly! It is 4.3 out of 5 on makeupalley!
It is quite a “dry” cream as in, the product disappears when you smear it around a bit, like Cetaphil Intensive Moisturising Cream or Atopiclair Cream. It is best used right after shower, before the natural moisture in your skin disappears into thin air. Your skin will be hydrated, moisturized but not oily.
- Super healthy ingredients
- Brand with a conscience!
- Strong on education, yes, power to the people!
- Hydrating but not oily
- Love the packaging, I carry in my bag and much better than a tube, allows for quick dispense when outside.
- Price is a bit steep but you get what you pay for.
- Dries up somewhat quickly, need re-aplying. Probably due to its non artificial formula.
- No Fragrance. My friend didn’t like the smell. Smells like a warehouse to some, but disappears quickly.
I bought two of MooGoo cream when I spotted it at a pharmacy. Knowing my friends’ 2 lovely kids have eczema, I got her a bottle of MSM Soothing Cream, most suitable for sensitive skin, and she has reported satisfied results! :)
What I Did :
1) Primed my face with Mac Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage.
2) Applied Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation with Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation Brush.
3) Applied Bobbi Brown Corrector to conceal the dark circles with Bobbi Brown Concealer Blending Brush. With the same brush I applied Bobbi Brown Corrector to my eyelids as an eye primer. Trust me it works great cause the texture is thick, doesn’t crease as easy and due to it’s thick texture it helps eyeshadows to sustain, and eyeliners too.
4) With Empro Eyebrow Triangular Pencil I sculpted my brows, and there’s a big dent on my right brow cause this slick smarty pants decided to trim her already insufficient brows. I really recommend this brand, and you can find them in Watsons/Sasa stores now. My friends have switched from Estee Lauder eyebrow pencils (refillable) to this and I too find it to be way better than Lancome’s. The brush is thick and luscious, blends the brows really well. Pencil builds the colour up nice and evenly, less prone to mistakes as you can build up the intensity and it’s triangular shape really really helps a lot in sculpting your brows. I honestly got mistaken as an makeup artist cause my brows were so well done, like a steak.
5) Applied Bobbi Brown Blush in Apricot. What I did was different, I did not apply directly on the apples of the cheek. The blush begins somewhere a finger below where my eyebags end, start from the mid section of your cheeks (am I explaining correctly?) to the hairline. Instead of sweeping hard across, I pat on with the brush. The days of sweeping blush is over. That way, with the patting method, the blush appears more rounded and not a definite line along the cheeks, neither “the apple of the cheeks” look that just seem off when your smiles drop. Pat as the lights go. You will look natural at all angles.
6) Then, sculpt the cheeks with Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, start heavy along the hairline and move inward following the cheeks. Again, do not sweep harshly. What I did was I followed the cheeks guided by the lights, and sweep upwards along the shape of the cheeks. Once nicely sculpted, blend it out so it doesn’t look too harsh or you’ll look like an 80s glamour shot.
7) Powder the face with Shiseido Translucent Powder. It’s not the best powder but it’s what I have.
8) Highlighted my cheekbones and my browbones with Nature Republic 4D Powder. This product has such nice highlighting function and it’s matte in its highlighting, creating a beautiful look of naturally contoured face, bringing the cheekbones up.
9) With matte highlighter as base, I applied a light touch of ZA Cheeks Groovy in 05 June Bride along my cheek bones, brow bones and nose bridge. It is such a nice subtle shimmer in white, so beautiful in highlighting and capturing the lights. I really recommend in investing in one. Brings your makeup to life.
10) To the eyes, I used only 2 tones of colour. First was a touch of light pink from Diorshow Makeup Palette for Eyes and Lips – 001 Daylight Madonna. Contour the eyelids with Racy Kacy – Shady Lady by The Balm. This helps the double eyelids to stand out. Top the inner corner of the eyelids and bottom waterlines with champagne shade Envious Erin from the same palette. This is by the instruction of mum’s, she still thought I looked plain without eye makeup.
11) I then lined my eyes with Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar with my Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush. It doesn’t require too much and it doesn’t look too harsh (or boring) as jet black liners do.
12) Moistened up the lips with a lip balm (consider how thirsty and hungry I was then) and applied with a matte light pink lipstick. Remember your lip colour should go hand in hand with your cheeks. Too many colours if your cheeks are pink toned and your lips are nectar/peach. Matte lipstick for a day look that’s easy on the eyes.
By now it’s over an hour dolling up and I can’t be bothered with Mascara. So I camwhored in the car and thought I’d share.
Oh my fair maidens, would you accept my apologies for the lack of updates?
But no point to dwell on whiny sentiments of what could or couldn’t have, lets focus on what’s essential of key knowledge and exploration in your skincare and all the products in the market.
I have a slutty appetite when it comes to skincare. My eyes are like a dominant predator that wouldn’t stop scanning for the next best thing, even though to the best of my knowledge, I am using what’s best. And I’m pretty proud to say the products I use have been carefully screened through and are of quality products. That said I’m also really lucky that the counter products just don’t gel with me. I have tried and yes I have, but my skin protested against Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex and it’s CyberWhite Brilliant Cells in such unhealthy fashion, I just look like a kid with bad diets. Now I really don’t agree with the jives about “if your skin gets pimplish, that means it’s working…” Bullshit.
A truly holistic product that passes all bench wouldn’t need to summon pimples, be it the phase does pass or not, a few hundred dollars products shouldn’t have triggered nasty side effects. But that’s nothing to what I have a problem with, many products across the market have unwanted fillers, and endless combinations of silicones that’s just uncalled for in boosting your skin’s health. I hate having a sugarcoated illusion of how smooth my skin is. And a silicone smoothed out product that feels good on your fingertips may just mislead you into thinking “wow this product is so smooth it makes my face smooth too!” I’m not too much of an organic skincare fascist that bans all things unnatural, I accept the existence of parabens, glycols, silicones in the formulas. But if a look across the ingredient lists just read endless versions of cancer causing ingredients, ingredients with no profound effects in caring your skin, well, buckle up and do better than that, and pete’s sake, be honest, it’s so sickening to have consumers thinking “this product is sooooo…. gooooood!!!”
With this notion it led me to this product a few months back, by Paula’s Choice. It is a serum from it’s RESIST line, that boasts the package of Super Antioxidant ingredients. Also I chose it for my combi/oily skin, cause very often rich and skin saving serums are always more suitable for dry skin. Without further ado, lets have a quick look at the official product description :
“What makes this product unique? RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum utilizes an innovative blend of ingredients that research has proven aging skin needs to look younger and feel its healthy best. Stabilized Vitamin C plus potent antioxidants in a silky base join ingredients that repair damaged cells and rebuild skin’s protective barrier so it functions optimally. This state-of-the-art serum efficiently addresses multiple issues that cause skin to look wrinkled while reducing inflammation and the visible effects of sun damage. This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free. Who is this product for? RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum works great on all skin types concerned with reducing signs of aging. It is especially suitable for normal to dry or combination skin types. How should this product be used? RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum can be used once or twice daily, as desired. For best results, apply before or after Paula’s Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer. At night, smooth a few drops onto skin after cleansing, toning (optional), and exfoliating. May be applied under or over moisturizer. For daytime, wear under a product with SPF 15 or greater. Works beautifully under makeup and is suitable for use around the eyes.”
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone (silicone slip agents/suspending agents), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide 3 (skin-repairing ingredient), Tocotrienols, Tocopherols (vitamin E/antioxidants), Ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10/antioxidant), Thioctic Acid (alpha lipoic acid/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid, Caffeic Acid (antioxidants), Beta-Glucan (anti-irritant), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), ), Epigallocatechin Gallate (green tea-derived antioxidant), Ergothioneine (mushroom-derived antioxidant), Glutathione (fruit-derived antioxidant), Xanthophyll (antioxidant pigment), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract (anti-inflammatory agent), Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract (antioxidants), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (emollient), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Now I said silicones are uncalled for. And it was not reassuring seeing silicone as the 2nd top ingredient, but as long as it’s not a long list of combination of silicones that feed illusions to consumers, I’m okay with that. Also with a bit of reading up on articles and up until a clinical data states Dimethicone is non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores, produce white/black heads) and is hypoallergenic. Well that moment it had me sold.
You see for yourself how this serum is a powerhouse of all the goodies in skincare la-la land. And it was priced at RM87.++ after 20% discount! How could you say no to that?
Clicked, and it’s done.
Well you can definitely feel the dimethicone as it is smooth, and a lil sticky too. Like when you have the product in between your fingers and you break apart you’ll see silky strands getting separated.
I have been a good church boy
saying my prayers using this product without substituting for any. Yet again it is really the sole belief in the product claims, its listed ingredients that I count my faith on. Because honestly, with serum packed with Super Antioxidants, which would be more suited for the defense against first sign of aging. That means aging prevention in symptoms. That means you use this knowing there are a bit of tell tale signs of aging, yet you are and don’t look old. You consume powerhouse of antioxidants topically or orally to combat the first sign of aging, delaying the onset.
So there really isn’t any before/after drastic effect I can show you. Unless there is a skin graft test that tests the level of active anti-oxidants and measure the active free radicals in epidermis. Only then we can truly know, if these antioxidants have been absorbed and been functioning in my skin.
And that is why I use this vigorously because as it is more a long maintenance battle, hopefully these anti-oxidants keep the signs of aging at bay, for eternity.
Few things that I can point out are :
- The texture is smooth yet sticky, it gets quickly absorbed into your skin.
- It does not leave any grease feeling at all.
- Does not provide any hydration. If you’re looking for hydrating serum, keep hunting.
- Ingredients are genuinely antioxidants. Especially good for people with high level free radicals, eg. smokers.
- It’s a genuine product at such a humble price!
- 30ml only, but can go on for quite a while if you dispense the product appropriately.
- okay lastly, again, it does not provide hydration. Your skin doesn’t get extra hydration from it in winter. It doesn’t sooth you down, charm you silly with hydration.
I”m very sleepy now. So will do a lazy thing and steal pic.
All Information are sourced from here.
So much more topic on NO FILLERS! coming out soon. Stay tuned and lets learn!